[ExchangeList] RE: [ExchangeList] Re: Problem with relaying for authenticated users

  • From: Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 17:40:42 -0400

Ran EXBPA, nothing wrong in the VS reported  (aside from my # of
connections/messages thresholds, but that's unrelated)

Access Tab/Auth - Anon Checked, Basic Checked (require TLS not checked),
Integrated Checked
Access Tab/Auth/Users subtab - Authenticated Users set to submit
permission

Access Tab/Relay - Only the list below checked (list empty), Allow all
computers which successfully auth to relay, regardless of the list above
is checked

These are all default settings based on what I've read and remember.

The Access/Auth/Users subtab is interesting.  There is an option for
"relay permission" which is not checked for authenticated users.   I
checked it but still no go.  Do I need to restart the SMTP VS for this
change to take effect? Is this change required?  Everything I read about
relaying deals with the Access/Relay tab only, and not the Auth tab.