RE: Exchange services shutting down intermittently

  • From: "Almassud, Abdulmohsen \(MJ\)" <aalmassud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:32:35 -0500

I have implemented more than 90 exchange servers 2000/2003, and never had this
problem but once, when I was practicing things on test computers.

the problem is not from exchange but because whoever implemented it didn't
follow MS recommendations regarding exchange.

I am sorry but this seems to be the case, and also add to it that the box where
exchange loaded is not in the HCL, and is somewhere around the minimum
requirements.

if you want to use SBS, you have to have a beefy box with a fast dual CPUs, and
a lot of RAM, and I promise you will not have this problem.

what was happening is that exchange was trying to survive as long as possible
by shutting down services that it can do with out, but at some point it just
dies, and that's why you find all those services not running.

I will be more than happy to provide you the help that you may need if you
could provide me with more info about your environment.

Thanks