Exchange service pack 3 error

  • From: "mgurdal" <mgurdal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:19:14 +0300

Hi guys,

I am having a major problem over here. I want to install exchanged
service pack 3 and it just will not work I don't know why. Whenever I
try to install it I get this error message saying

The component Microsoft exchange messaging and collaboration services
cannot be assigned the action update because

- You must be at least an exchange administrator at the administrative
group level to run update. You must use an account that has been granted
the exchange administrator role on the current administrative group, or
a higher-level role, using the exchange administrative delegation
wizard.

- Setup is unable to access the windows 2000 active directory

- Failed to contact the schema master server for this active directory
forest.

I don't understand why I should be having this error messages because

1. The machine that I am trying to upgrade to exchange service pack 3 is
domain controller.

2. I am logging on with the administrator account and it is the
administrator that which I used to install exchange 2000

I would be very grateful if someone would be able to help me with this
problem.

Thanks