Exchange server help needed...unable to access mail...or exchange server

  • From: "Marvin Cummings" <marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Mail List" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 23:48:27 -0400

I'm in need of some help troubleshooting my e2k server. I'm no longer
getting any email nor am I able to access the mail client, Outlook. Anytime
I attempt to open outlook I get an error that the server is either down for
maintenance or there's a network problem.
I get one error that states the following:
Source: MSExchange Transport
Category: SMTP Protocol
Event ID: 1075
connection to "three.pairlist.net".
and another one "unknown". These also show up at different times in the
Application log. Am I wrong in thinking that someone is "relaying" off of my
server or some outside source is causing this? I have no clue as to how to
troubleshoot this.
Any help is appreciated.