RE: Exchange server 5.5 and domain upgrade

  • From: "Rodney Harris" <Harris@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 07:45:13 -0600

Scott,

We did the second scenario that Bill mentions.  In our scenario, we had
Exchange 5.5 on a BDC that could not be upgraded.  We ran in a mixed mode 2k
environment for several months with Exchange 5.5 running with no problems.
(Other than some DNS issues we had to resolve due to the root hints not loading
correctly when we upgraded the PDC).  Anyway, 5.5 should continue to function
normally in a mixed domain.  Again, then we installed a new 2k box, installed
the ADC and Exchange 2000 and migrated all our users to the new box and
eventually did away with the old BDC and Exchange 5.5 all together.

Rodney