RE: Exchange data base

  • From: John Allen <itcalif@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:55:52 -0800 (PST)

Lorie, I tried running the eseutil on a test edb file and it went down from
50......kb to about 45kb. It looks like it's working. From my understanding
this is simply a compression or defrag tool. Am I correct? Or does this command
actually do something else I'm not aware of. And let's say for example that I
had to do a complete restore of the edb file. When doing the restore there
shouldn't be any problems related to this eseutil command being run. It should
just restore the database in it's backup state right? Thanks in advance,
John
 Lorie Gordon <lgordon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:http://www.MSExchange.org/
Doing a defrag will recover most of the space.-----Original Message-----