Re: Exchange cannot find DC

  • From: "Christian Kurmann" <ckurmann@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 07:29:57 +0100

Sorry about that.

I'm afraid I even have to admit I don't know how that happened. I wrote the
mail in OWA, and copy pasted some Error messages into the file.

Well the question was;

Hi everyone. I had a DC fail over the weekend. I didn't give it much priority
because although it was the first W2K DC I set up, I have moved all the DC
activedirectory tasks that only one DC can do, to a second DC. Also our E2K
server is also a DC server.

So I didn't think that there could be any reason for a problem. However there
was. The Exchange server stopped working after a while and after a restart it
had a problem with the System Attendant, and because of this couldn't start the
Mailstorage, and and and...

What is causing this, and is there realy no way of having a W2K system that
will still work when one DC fails??

Following are my Error Messages.

Unexpected error An unknown error has occurred. ID no: 80040a01 Microsoft
Exchange System Attendant  occurred.

The Metabase Update service failed to start, error '80040a01'.

Process MAD.EXE (PID=1592). DSAccess is shutting down.

An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service: server
instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x80040a01

Can anyone help?