[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange and VMWare

  • From: "James Lilly" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:25:32 -0400

I have two customers running Exchange 2010 and two customers running
Exchange 2007 in VMWare, and have had no issues.  (Except for one where
someone tried to PtoV an Exchange 2007 box, for some reason that failed
miserably and we went back to physical until I could migrate to a fresh VM
the old-fashioned way.)

As for support, MS DOES support Exchange 2007 SP1 and higher in a
virtualized environment assuming your VMWare is the correct version.  Check
out this link to make sure:  http://www.windowsservercatalog.com/svvp.aspx

Thanks;

James