RE: Exchange VS Lotus Notes/Domino??

  • From: "Kerry Knox" <kknox@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 11:28:13 -0500

I have a client which is a Hospital that the DP Manager is an old IBM as400
fan.  I have installed 4 w2k servers that serve as; 1) firewall 2) application
3) Domain Controller and 4) File Server.  Most of the users, use Outlook or
Outlook Express.  Currently they have no mail server or web server.  They do
not want them in-house.  All the DP manager wants, is to use Lotus for
calendering and internal mail and will load on their current as400.  The cost
is tremenduous, over 100k, to emplement 600 users.

Exchange has to be less expensive, and since their users currently use outlook
anyway, the installation and implemention should be fairly seemless.

I just need some ammo to convince their administration of the poor choice of
going with Lotus.   And the multitude of pro's for going with Exchange.

TIA,

Kerry