Exchange System & Mailboxes Server Configuration, Possible ?

  • From: Arief Kurniawan <AKurniawan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:12:12 +0800

Okay, thanks to all of you experts (regarding to Intensive HD accessing
problem), We got our server moved to a new one smoothly (Thanks to Chand
Deshwal). It's even harder to configure MS Mail connectors ;) both ways. And
moving all the 9 gigs mailboxes that took a whole day.
Next, I'm planning to create a new configuration that's I think will be more
efficient on system failure. Once I learn this from an ISP with Qmail on
freeBSD. They put one Server for Qmail system, and another one exclusively
for the mailboxes. So that if the system goes wrong, they just replace the
server without having to move the mailboxes. Is it can be happen on MS
Exchange (Especially ver. 5.5, that we use) ? If so, what's the critical
point to this configuration.

Regards,

Arief K