[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange Server at Multiple Locations

  • From: James Chong <jchong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:46:21 -0500

Yes. Recommended to have a global catalog in both locations (preferably two in each) and an Exchange server in each location. As long as they’re in the same Exchange org everything is well integrated as far as access and E-mail routing between each other.

For OWA you have several options. You can designate one site ie. Your US site as the external URL for OWA access. If your mailbox is in India; your US Exchange will proxy back to India server. Or you can have two URL going to each respective Exchange server directly.

James Chong
Sr. Systems Engineer
Simplexity, LLC.

11130 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300