[ExchangeList] Exchange Server Mail Box with a Linux Firewall integrated. Please help(Urgent)

  • From: "Messias Helio Mandua" <mmandua@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:08:04 +0200

Dear all!!I have attached a small txt file with a litle bit of information, concerning my situation, hope some body could help.

Thanks in advanced

Messias Mandua

Mozambique

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar Get it now!
Scenario

Linux (Suse 9.2) Iptables firewall with nat server
how to enable
ports 25,80,53
configure bind server as slave
Main gateway
apache server

Windows Server 2003 Enterp.
Active directory
Exchange server Enterprise with smtp(25), outlook web access(80), pop3(110)
Primary DNS, WINS, DHCP SERVER
Internet (DHCP-PERMANENT CONECTION)
Graphical scenario
Nic-1-------- *******
|----------------| _____________ *********
| Windows box | | | ***********
| | | Linux Box |
| | | (Suse 9.2) |
----------------- |_____________|
Nic-0(100Mbps)\ Nic-/0(100Mbps)
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
____\____________/_____
| Switch(100Mbps) |

They are two mesure problems here that i'm facing,
One is the bind server is not running propaly, it could start, but when i configure the run leves
it crachs.
My mail server that it runs under Microsoft Exchange, it's able to send but it cannot recive.
(not able to redirect from and to the specified ports above).
(iptables blocks allmost all ports).
An advise on how to make this connection work without any problem?
i will be greatfull.