[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange Resource Forest

  • From: "Rick Boza" <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:18:07 -0400

Why?

What I mean is, what is the driver?  This configuration is orders of magnitude more complex to implement and migrate to, so why is this deemed a necessity?

To answer your question, you can use either a forest to forest OR an external trust, although a forest to forest trust is recommended. With an external trust, now you're making things even more complex, and more likely than not asking for an environment that will lead you down the path of a consolidation project in 18 months or so because management, administration, and delegation has become untenable.  So the first question, Why, is once again called for.
See point 1 under 'procedure' at this link.

Rick

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:52 PM, <jrusso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Hello,

We are reviewing an Exchange deployment plan for our organization. The plan
calls for the creation of an Exchange Resource Forest utilizing another
existing account Active Directory Resource Forest. The account forest is a
mix of 2000 and 2003 domains. All the documentation of have gathered states
that the Exchange Resource Forest must trust the Active Directory Resource
Forest. Is this true? Can the same thing be accomplished with Domain level
trusts?

Any consideration would be greatly appreciated.

 --
Joe Russo
Systems Programmer

    "Increscunt animi, virescit vulnere virtus"

Adrienne Gusoff  - "Opportunity knocked. My doorman threw him out."