[ExchangeList] Re: Exchange Que

  • From: "Simon Butler" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 21:20:27 +0100

If you are moving your domain name registrar for reverse lookup support,
then you are wasting your money.
The reverse lookup is set by the owner of the IP address. It is
basically a lookup on the IP to see if it matches what your server is
announcing itself as.

Many of the first line support people at ISPs here the words "DNS" and
tell you to go to your domain name registrar, because they don't
understand the difference between conventional (forward) DNS which
matches name to an IP address, and reverse DNS, which matches IP address
to the name.

Simon.

--
Simon Butler