RE: Exchange Ofline Defrag

  • From: "Brian Parker" <bparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 17:57:46 -0000

Why are you defragging - have you just done a large amount of mailbox
moves ? You are surely aware of the importance of your transaction logs
? Delete those - defragged or no defragged and you will shag your
exchange server, what you need to do is a full backup - that will get
rid of the transaction logs.

Regards

Brian Parker
Senior Computing Officer