I am trying to use the MSN Messenger Service with Exchange 2000 Server. I would like to have the Messenger service separated from the Exchange server so I have installed System Manager with IIS configured with SMTP and NNTP on a separate machine. When I configured the Messenger service on the new machine all appears to go well. But when I try to use the Messenger service, I get an error stating that the service is unavailable or my user name and password are incorrect. If I open up System Manager on the Exchange Server itself and try to configure the Messenger service I get a different error when I enter the "Display Name" of the New Instant Messaging Virtual Server Wizard. The error is "IIS Returned unexpected results. Trying this operation again or restarting IIS may correct the problem." I have restarted IIS as well rebooted the server to no affect. The W3SVC Logs of the Messenger site show the following for every time I try to authenticate to the Messenger service from my desktop: #Fields: date time c-ip cs-username s-ip s-port cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query sc-status cs(User-Agent) 2004-12-01 15:14:21 10.10.23.25 () W3SVC2 THE-ORACLE 10.10.23.1 80 SUBSCRIBE /instmsg/aliases/username - 401 msmsgs/18.104.22.1682 2004-12-01 15:14:21 10.10.23.25 (DOMAINNAME\username) W3SVC2 THE-ORACLE 10.10.23.1 80 SUBSCRIBE /instmsg/aliases/username - 401 msmsgs/22.214.171.1242 Both the Exchange server and the intended Messenger Server have all patches and updates. Thank you all for your replies.