Exchange Maintenance

  • From: "Rory Grobler" <groblerr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 16:24:02 +0200

Do any of you run any manual maintenance on your 2K exchange servers?  With
exchange 5.5 I use to do a manual defrag once every few months, which seemed to
keep the database at a manageable size.  I have obviously scheduled maintenance
to run on my mailbox stores.  But I was wondering if any of you do anything
else besides this, as a good practise.
Thanks
Rory

**Disclaimer**

The contents of this e-mail, which may include one or more attachments, is
strictly confidential, and is intended solely for the use of the named
recipient(s). If you have received this e-mail in error, you are not permitted
to and must not disclose, distribute, or retain it, and are requested to please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it thereafter.
E-mail is not necessarily secure or error free as information could arrive late
or contain viruses or could be incomplete, intercepted, corrupted, lost or
destroyed. It is the responsibility of the named recipient(s) to ensure that
e-mails are virus free.
No employee is authorised to conclude a binding agreement on behalf of either
OUTsurance Insurance Company Limited or any of their subsidiaries
("OUTsurance") by e-mail.  The use of electronic mail is intended for business.
 If it is used for any other purpose, the views expressed are those of the
sender and no liability will attach to OUTsurance.