RE: Exchange Issues

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:10:20 -0400

It works.

I am starting to think the issue is with the ISP. Back when I had my
business connection with the same ISP a few of their routers had issues
with their MTU settings, every time my exchange would send out I would
get the same issue, and I could telnet to the mail servers from the
server side, however the ISPs routers would drop the information; now it
was only when I dropped the MTU on the linksys router which connected to
the Alcatel Speed Touch Home (PPPOE) that the email was going through.
Even the ISP at the time admitted to there being a issue their router
MTU's.

So I am going to get a colleague of mine to go through it with a fine
tooth comb, if it still doesn't work I am going to yank my Linksys that
has the MTU setting in it and switch for the one they use to see if that
fixes the problem on Monday.

Andrew

From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:53:11
To:"[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Yeap. I am filtering Exchange on ISA, I can see the DNS being opened and
then SMTP.. The odd SMTP gets denied.

Andrew