RE: Exchange Cluster Question

  • From: A P <ermitanyo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 11:39:51 -0800

You need to download the following docs from MS

Exchange Server 2003 High Availability Guide - more of an overview and
planning guide, includes a section for clustering

Exchange Server 2003 Deployment Guide - helpful section on clustering with
deployment steps

And yes, the MSDTC resource does not need to be in a separate resource
group.  Best practice recommendation from MS is to place it in the default
cluster group.   This is a recommendation for Exchange.

As for the shared drives, you will have 1 for the quorum, and separate other
SAN volumes for the Exchange SMTP queue, databases, and logs. If you
configured the other volumes in the cluster group, you should be able to
create a new group and move these disk over.

As for more details, all of the information that you need should be in the
HA or deployment guide.  Just do a google search and you will find these
documents. Unfortunately, my bookmarks for these are now invalid.  Seems
like the URLs for these docs within the MS web site changed.

Once you get the hang of the cluster setup, it is an easy exercise.

Good luck!

Arden