Exchange 5.5 unable to delete DSAV mailbox agent

  • From: "Susan Tackett" <susan_tackett01@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 14:48:31 -0400

I am running Exchange 5.5 on an NT4 SP6a server. I tried to uninstall Mcafee GroupShield 4.5 so that I could install the new Mcafee 'push' software and the new GroupShield V5.5.

The DSAV agent was not removed from the Mailbox Resources of the Private Information Store. McAfee support directed me to http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q164/4/63.asp
. However, following the steps in this article is not helpful; McAfee has no other ideas.

Please help. Right now I have no virus protection on my Exchange server since the the GroupShield only partially uninstalled.

Susan

Overwhelmed by debt? Find out how to ?Dig Yourself Out of Debt? from MSN Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0407debt.armx