RE: Exchange 5.5 and Virus Scan

  • From: "Susan Tackett" <susan_tackett01@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:07:59 -0400

It's not running under Services and viruses have been transmitted throught my Exchange server today and stopped by the McAfee Virus software located on individual employees PCs. I am using my personal laptop and a modem to send EMAIL right now instead of connecting to the network. I have stopped and restarted the service, but that did nothing either. Thank you for the suggestions so far, do you have any other ideas?

Thanks-

Susan

From: "White, Piers" <pwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Exchange 5.5 and Virus Scan
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:30:34 -0400

http://www.MSExchange.org/ - Re-Vamped!

This is probably a way too simple answer but have you checked to see whether
the incoming scan isn't still running as a process and you have just lost
the system tray icon? Check the real-time service as well to make sure it is
running. You can normally find out more info from the event viewer after
trying to restart the service.

Probably way too simple but hey...u never know :)

*Back to kicking my Xch2K box for fun*