Exchange 5.5 and Virus Scan

  • From: "Susan Tackett" <susan_tackett01@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:33:40 -0400

I am running Exchange 5.5 on a NT4 server with SP6a. My battery backup failed last night and my Exchange server went down. And, now my McAfee Virus Scan icon is gone from the system tray (in the bottom right side of the screen - where the time is displayed).

I can still access the Virus Scan software from <Start> <Programs> <Network Associates>, but it is no longer scanning my incoming EMAIL for viruses.

I was hit with the Klexh virus 2 weeks ago from an employee that uses a personal PALM at home and synchronizes his files on his PC at work. I don't want to deal with another cleanup.

I called McAfee and they said it was an Exchange problem or an NT4 problem. I went to the Microsoft site to look up information, but I cannot find documentation that is relevent.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of issue.

Thanks-

Susan