RE: Exchange 5.5 -- Specify by host

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:16:48 -0400

Rob,

   Every message that comes in via the IMC is checked against each one of
your 'blocked' addresses.  As you can see, the more 'blocks' that you have,
the more intensive the process is to filter e-mails.  Every e-mail is
checked against every 'block'...  I too used to use this feature in
Exchange, but have another program that I now use on a separate PC.  All
this server does is filter e-mail based on content and also does virus
checking, then sends the mail into the 'exchange infrastructure.'  This has
worked well for me as well as taking a load off of my local Bridgehead
server.

   You may want to try removing some of your older 'blocks' and see if they
are even needed any more.  The fewer the filters, the less the backlog.

Chris