RE: Exchange 5.5 Problem with Alternate Recipients

  • From: "exchange" <exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 17:13:17 +0200

I'll try to remember - it's been awhile since I worked on 5.5, but here's how I
remember it:

If you have apropriate permissions, use your Outlook client to browse to Public
Folders\All Public Folders, Right Click and choose 'New Folder'. After you've
created the folder, you can right click on it, choose Properties, and set
apropriate permissions (click Help for further insight on the permissions you
want). 'Default' must at least have 'Contributor' rights, or no-one from the
Internet will be able to send mail to it.

After you've done this, Start the Exchange Administrator program and browse to
Folders\Public Folders. Choose properties, and one of the tabs should show you
the SMTP-address of the folder - edit as needed. On the advanced tab you can
also choose if the folder should be visible in the address book or not.

Let me know how it goes!

Örjan