[ExchangeList] Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Permissions

  • From: cs <chrsta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 18:06:13 +0100

All,
I have recently created ~150 mailboxes in my Exchange 5.5 environment using Directory Import. The new mailboxes will be used for native free/busy resource scheduling (open mailbox, Tools, Calendar Options, Resource Scheduling, enable Automatically accept meeting requests and process cancellations, and Automatically decline conflicting meeting requests).

I have 2 questions:

1. I would like to add Domain Users to these 150 mailboxes (by default only the associated NT user account has permission). Is it possible to add permissions to Exchange 5.5 mailboxes in batch, if so, how can I achieve this??

I had a look at Directory Import, but, as I understand, it is not possible to modify mailbox permissions using bulk import.

2. Can native free/busy resource scheduling options be enabled on Exchange 5.5 mailboxes in batch (as opposed to opening each mailbox individually)?? My scripting knowledge is not great, but I would guess this would need to be done programmatically??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

- Chris -