RE: Exchange 2k hacked

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:45:49 -0500

Unsecapp.exe:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/
iwbemunsecuredapartment_createsinkstub.asp
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi
/iwbemunsecuredapartment_createsinkstub.asp>

The DCOM access issue may be "normal" for that environment and indicative of
some other previous problem or even none at all (could be a security setting
too tight for all I can tell here), but my personal thought is that if you
have any questions or doubts, you'd be best served by being safe and
rebuilding.  That's my idea of best practice anyway.

Al

  _____