RE: Exchange 2k Server as Domain Controller

  • From: "Scott Van Singel" <svansingel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:55:41 -0500

Matt,
 If you have a extra server make it a DC, then in Exchange 2000 (if you put
Service Pack 2 on it) you can tell what server it should get all the
information from.
In Exchange system manger open fist store group, then rt click on the server
name, go to properties, then click on Directory access. Here you can set what
server Exchange will query for information.
This can be the new server and the data will be local, this should speed up
your performance.