RE: Exchange 2003 winmail.dat

  • From: "Chella Sivathasan" <csivath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:36:47 +0000

Check if the following would make any difference.
check the IMAP protocol properties > message format tab > untick the rtf format option.

From: "Craig A. Weil" <craig_weil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Exchange 2003 winmail.dat
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 20:57:09 -0800

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Yes, that article addresses email clients that can't recognize winmail.dat files. The solution according to that article is to disable RTF and/or .HTML mail formatting from within Outlook. Either way, even disabling .rtf and .html formatting doesn't solve my problem. Any attachments I send (.xls .doc, etc) don't go through. My email shows up with a winmail.dat file in it but not the attachment I included.

Thanks for your reply!

Craig