[ExchangeList] Exchange 2003 upgrade advice

  • From: Dave stevens <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 03:27:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Guys,

I am going to upgrading our exchange 2000 server to 2003 on Friday. It is going to be an in-place upgrade, so hoping it would be straightforward. However just wish to get a few tips on how to proceed.

Current environment

Windows 2000 / exchange 2000 sp3 - currently DC also acting as schema master.

1: Now is it adviceable to run forestprep and domain prep @ leats 2 days before upgrade. Just to ensure replication completes.

2: Would this be the best time to carry out an offline defrag, before the upgrade? how long is it likely to take  - current priv.edb - 24gb.

3: How would I go about backing up the schema, before the upgrade?

Thanx
Dave