RE: Exchange 2003 and AOL

  • From: "Mike Dufoe" <dufoem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:23:33 -0400

This could be your reason why.

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=nswcfcu.org

FAIL    Reverse DNS entries for MX records      ERROR: The IP of one or
more of your mail server(s) have no reverse DNS (PTR) entries (if you
see "Timeout" below, it may mean that your DNS servers did not respond
fast enough). RFC1912 <http://www.DNSstuff.com/pages/rfc1912.htm>  2.1
says you should have a reverse DNS for all your mail servers. It is
strongly urged that you have them, as many mailservers will not accept
mail from mailservers with no reverse DNS entry. You can double-check
using the 'Reverse DNS Lookup' tool at the DNSstuff
<http://www.DNSstuff.com>  site (it contacts your servers in real time;
the reverse DNS lookups in the DNS report use our local caching DNS
server). The problem MX records are:
158.98.84.162.in-addr.arpa [No reverse DNS entry (rcode: 3 ancount: 0)
(check it <http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ptr.ch?ip=162.84.98.158> )]