RE: Exchange 2003 Upgrade: Installing new Exchange 2003 Front-end server

  • From: Roger Sam <rogersam75@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:17:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mark,
Thanks for replying
Is there any other way to do to save time between Unchecking the exchange 2000
front-end  server and then install the new exchange 2003 server and make it as
front end server. i am worried about the emails lost between this time.

Please advice

Thanks
Roger

Mark Fugatt <markfu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.MSExchange.org/
Uncheck the "front-end" checkbox on the 2000 Front-end, install the new
Exchange 2003 server and make it the front-end, and then you should be ok

Mark Fugatt
Microsoft Services Organisation
Desk:   +44 (0)118 909 5630
Mobile: +44 (0)7966 858108
MSN IM: markfu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/exchange
http://www.microsoft.com/support
This email may contain confidential information. If you are not named on the
addressee list, please take no action in relation to this email, do not open
any attachment, and please contact the sender (details above) immediately.
Information in this email is provided in good faith. If you are a customer of
Microsoft, please refer to the terms and conditions which cover the provision
of support and consulting services to you/your organization. If you are not
corresponding in the course of, or in connection with a Microsoft contract or
program with its own terms and conditions, please note that no liability is
accepted by Microsoft for the contents of this mail.