Exchange 2003 Migration Issues

  • From: "Phoenix" <rko9h@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 11:55:00 -0600

I'm trying to migrate from Exchange 2000 on a Windows Server 2000 computer
to Exchange 2003 on a new Windows Server 2003 machine.  Exchange 2003 is
installed and running on the stand-alone Windows Server 2003 box but
appears to be having significant difficulty communicating with the
DC's/GC's and old Exchange server (see errors below).

We are running a windows 2003 domain with Maury and NROTC00 as the two
DC's, but I ultimately want to demote NROTC00.  Server02 is the current
Exchange 2000 server that will go away once everything is moved to the
Exchange 2003 box (Halsey).

I have tried the recommended solutions from the MS Support website without
any luck.  Our organization is too small to have a dedicated IT staff so
I'm it by default and appreciate any help you can offer - the more
specific the better.

- LT

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeAL
Event Category: LDAP Operations
Event ID:       8026
Date:           10/21/2005
Time:           11:51:58 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       HALSEY
LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory MAURY.navy.tamu.edu for
distinguished name ''. Directory returned error:[0x51] Server Down.
---
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeSA
Event Category: Monitoring
Event ID:       9098
Date:           10/21/2005
Time:           11:51:35 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       HALSEY
The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the
DS, error '0x80004005'.
---
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeSA
Event Category: General
Event ID:       9154
Date:           10/21/2005
Time:           11:51:17 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       HALSEY
DSACCESS returned an error '0x80004005' on DS notification. Microsoft
Exchange System Attendant will re-set DS notification later.
---
Date:           10/21/2005
Time:           11:49:58 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       HALSEY
LDAP Bind was unsuccessful on directory nrotc00.navy.tamu.edu for
distinguished name ''. Directory returned error:[0x51] Server Down.
---
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeDSAccess
Event Category: Topology
Event ID:       2102
Date:           10/21/2005
Time:           11:49:13 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       HALSEY
Process MAD.EXE (PID=3428). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not
responding:
nrotc00.navy.tamu.edu
MAURY.navy.tamu.edu
---
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeDSAccess
Event Category: Topology
Event ID:       2103
Date:           10/21/2005
Time:           11:48:43 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       HALSEY
Process MAD.EXE (PID=3428). All Global Catalog Servers in use are not
responding:
nrotc00.navy.tamu.edu
---
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeDSAccess
Event Category: Topology
Event ID:       2114
Date:           10/21/2005
Time:           11:48:01 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       HALSEY
Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=220). Topology Discovery failed, error
0xffffffff.
---
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeIS Public Store
Event Category: General
Event ID:       7200
Date:           10/21/2005
Time:           11:48:01 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       HALSEY
Background thread FDoUpdateCatalog halted on database "First Storage
Group\Public Folder Store (HALSEY)" due to error code 0x80004005.
---
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
Event Category: General
Event ID:       7200
Date:           10/21/2005
Time:           11:48:01 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       HALSEY
Background thread FDoUpdateCatalog halted on database "First Storage
Group\Mailbox Store (HALSEY)" due to error code 0x80004005.
---
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeAL
Event Category: Service Control
Event ID:       8260
Date:           10/21/2005
Time:           11:46:57 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       HALSEY
Could not open LDAP session to directory 'MAURY.navy.tamu.edu' using local
service credentials. Cannot access Address List configuration information.
 Make sure the server 'MAURY.navy.tamu.edu' is running.
---
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeAL
Event Category: Service Control
Event ID:       8250
Date:           10/21/2005
Time:           11:33:14 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       HALSEY
The Win32 API call 'DsGetDCNameW' returned error code [0x54b] The
specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.  The
service could not be initialized.  Make sure that the operating system was
installed properly.
---
Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   MSExchangeDSAccess
Event Category: Topology
Event ID:       2104
Date:           10/21/2005
Time:           11:31:00 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       HALSEY
Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=220). All the DS Servers in domain are not
responding.