RE: Exchange 2003 Chat service

  • From: Rick Boza <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Exchange List <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 08:59:45 -0400

I think Mark means Exchange Conferencing Server or Service.  The ability to
invite multiple parties to a virtual meeting place online isn¹t part of LCS.

LCS2003 replaced the IM functions.  LCS 2005 grows on that with
enhancements, including extranet connectivity services to partners and
public services, but the ?many to many¹ functions of ECS is not there yet.

LiveMeeting is effectively the replacement for ECS, and LCS2005 features
?improved LiveMeeting Integration² (whatever that means).  See
http://www.microsoft.com/office/livecomm/prodinfo/compare.mspx for more
info.