RE: Exchange 2003

  • From: "Kenny Mann" <Kennymann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:53:49 -0500

If I remember correctly, having the Exchange CALS allows you to have the
latest version of Outlook, so their should not be a reason to have a
mixture of Outlooks, unless thier are many PC's and they are all working
happily as is following the theory if it ain't broke don't fix it....
but if you want ...
If you call them and ask them for the CD they ship you one that must be
activiated, (so if you ahve 50 PC's their servers will freak out) so you
may want to use a volume license CD, of course only installing the
Outlook.
If you use the Office isntallation CD to get the Outlook out of it, it
will ask if you want to remove all previous versions of Office, be sure
and de-select them or else you end up with only outlook 2003 instead of
outlook 2003 + word,excel,etc 97 (or whatever version. You tend to only
make this mistake once ;-)  )

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/ti/pricing.asp
" Each Exchange 2003 CAL also includes Microsoft Office Outlook(r)
2003..."

Thought you may be intersted to know this... :-)

Have a good day!

Regards,
  Kenny Mann