Re: Exchange 2000 isn't recognizing domain user logins. Can't connect with OWA or Full Outlook

  • From: "Sarbjit Singh Gill" <ssgill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:33:59 +0800

Greeting Stephan,

Use another box, install exchange 2003, join existing org and move all
mailboxes, public folders, system folders, smtp connectors/virtual servers
to new server. The decommision the exchange 2003. Then demote DC. I rather
re-install the whole box again.  Make sure you have a clean member server.
You could then install exchange 2003 again and move all back.

It is lenghty but I realise it have mininimal downtime.

This might help
How to Move Exchange 2003 to New Hardware and Keep the Same Server Name
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822945&Product=exch2
003

How to remove the first Exchange Server 2003 computer from the
administrative group
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931

Make sure the Windows 2003 is completely patched before installing the
exchange. Also use exchange 2003 sp1

Kind Regards
Gill