Exchange 2000 Freezing

  • From: "Kenny Mann" <Kennymann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 09:26:38 -0500

We are currently having a problem with Exchange 2000 freezing after
about a week and a half of up time.
I attempt to restart the service for IMAP (for example) and Windows 2000
freezes for a while and then says that the service can not be stopped
but it will continue to try. The same thing happens with other Exchange
services as well.

The hardware is a Compaq Proliant ML330 G2 w/ 2GB of ECC memory. We have
about 40-50 users, about 5 who use email all the time.
It currently only has one processor @ 1.13 ghz. Do you think that the
computer is under powered?
If you would like more information, I would be happy to give it out.

--Kenny Mann