Exchange 2000 DR setup in test environment

  • From: "LIMKT" <limkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:08:39 -0600

Hi,

I have a need to do a DR test for our Exchange 2000 server.
What I have done so far:

1) Create 2 DR DCs on the production server
2) Configure DNS on 1 of the DC and assign it as GC as well
3) Once these 2 DCs have the AD info replicated, disconnect from
production network.
4) In the isolated network, seize RID onto DC1 and PDC and Infrastructure
onto DC2
5) From DC1, reset the computer account for my exchange server
6) Setup Win2k SP3 onto another machine, joined domain with the same
computer name
7) Setup Exchange 2000???

However, when I tried to run Exchange setup, I am getting
"Setup is not able to access the W2000 Active Directory"
"Failed to contact the schema master server for the AD Forest"

What have I done wrong and what have I missed.
I have search the net for resources but so far has been unfruitful.

Have been trying for a couple of weeks already, but still no results
Appreciate if you could help and reply to limkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank You