RE: Exchange 2000 Capacities

  • From: "Linda Wilson" <lwilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 07:40:21 -0800

The first thing on the list is to be sure and go Exchange 2000 Enterprise as
there is no limitation on Storage File.. otherwise, if you go 2K Standard, the
Information Store halts at 16GB..

We are only 200+ employees with 8 locations and have 4 Exchange Servers...

You didn't say whether you were on a WAN or not...  If not, then each site, I
would imagine is going to be treated as a stand alone site...

Also, if you have mail files larger than 100K, it will be a long haul... we
exported everyone to PST's and then imported them once the new Exchange server
was up... I haven't had the best experieince with MS migration utility...

Good luck