[ExchangeList] Re: Excessivly long SMTP connections

  • From: Frank <fhardwic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 05:10:28 -0800 (PST)

My guess is that your gateways are receiving inbound mail before it is finished handing in what it has already received.

While your gateway is handing Exchange  MsgA, it has received MsgB, MsgC, MsgD.  Since it already has an inbound connection, it sends them without hanging up and re-establishing the connection, saving overhead.

Frank

William Holmes <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I have some excessively long SMTP connections occurring. These are coming from my own gateway servers.  Some of these are on the order of hours. Can someone suggest what might be causing this type of behavior?

Thanks

Bill

http://mail.yahoo.com