Event viewer

  • From: Greg Hermida <ghermida@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList] (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:52:20 -0500

I have a mixed environment, NT4 PDC/BDC's with win2k servers.  Exchange 5.5
Enterprise is installed on a win2k server.  It is a single function server,
it does not have any share points for end users in order to store files and
folders.  I have one issue which I am chasing, which has led me to another
issue, etc..etc.. For the past 2 days, the information store has frozen at
approximately the same time.  I solved both by rebooting.  I am in the
middle of trying debug this and the Application event viewer log cannot be
read.  I can tell how many events are listed but nothing shows up in the
right pane.  The Security and System logs seem to work fine.  Any ideas?

Secondly, I have been looking for tasks that have been scheduled on the
email server or any rogue programs that might have gotten onto the server.
I went into Server manager on a NT 4 box, and discovered that I have 25+
IPC$ connections from end users.  We don't have AD, so the email server
isn't doing any authentications, could this be the end result of the email
server taking on the role as a Master browser or local browser?

Thanks,

Greg
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential information and privileged information.  Any
unauthorized retention, review, printing, copying,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not one of the
intended recipients, please contact the sender by reply
email or phone, destroy all copies of the original message and keep the
information contained here confidential.