Event ID 5007 errors preventing Exchange 2000 server services from starting

  • From: "Marvin Cummings" <marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Mail List" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 06:10:32 -0400

Can anyone assist me with a problem I'm having where none of my Exchange
services will start due to Event ID 5007. Here are some of the errors I'm
getting:

An error occurred during the message tracking decode operation.
Function ScOpen:  <<0x0070005 - Access is denied>>

An error occurred during the message tracking decode operation error.
from file: i:\admin\src\libs\rpc\rwlog.cxx line: 576 <<0x0070005 - Access is
denied>>

An error occurred during the message tracking decode operation.
Function ScSaveGatewayTrackingDataEx. <<0x0070005 - Access is denied>>

I attempted to check the mxExchDataPath in ADSI, according to article
Q288362, but this doesn't seem to be related since the value is already set
to D:\program files\exchsrvr.

Not sure how else to troubleshoot this. As of right now, none of my services
are started. Rebooting the server doesn't appear to help.
Any help is appreciated.

Note: I'd been sending and recieving mail fine up until early this morning.
I also changed my user account password, but not the exchange account
password. Not sure if this is related, but thought I'd throw that in.