RE: Event ID: 1000 EXPROXY on 2003 FE Server

  • From: "Harding, Devon" <dharding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:03:43 -0400

Any else seen this problem?

From: Harding, Devon
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 1:16 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] RE: Event ID: 1000 EXPROXY on 2003 FE Server

http://www.MSExchange.org/
IIS Settings are exactly the same will all my other servers.

Date:                8/25/2004
Time:                1:32:51 PM
User:                N/A
Computer:         WEBMAIL
 Microsoft Exchange Server has detected that NTLM-based authentication  is
presently being used between this server and server 'EXCH1'. NTLM is  still a
secure authentication mechanism and protects users' credentials.   However,
this indicates that there may be a configuration issue preventing  the use of
Kerberos authentication.   If this condition persists, please verify that
server 'EXCH1' is properly  configured to use Kerberos authentication.  After
applying any changes it may be necessary to restart Internet Information
Services on both the front-end and back-end servers.

Devon Harding
Windows Systems Engineer
Southern Wine & Spirits - GSD
954-602-2469

This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may
contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, use or distribution of the information
included in the message and any attachments is prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and
immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments.  Thank You.