Event 9582 on Non-Clustered Server

  • From: "Chris Lembo" <clembo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 13:39:20 -0500

I have an Exchange 2000 SP3 machine running on Windows 2000 Standard SP3
with 4GB RAM.  We receive the following event log error on the server.

Event Type:       Error

Event Source:    MSExchangeIS

Event Category:Performance

Event ID:           9582

Date:                11/1/2002

Time:                1:27:28 PM

User:                N/A

The virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented
in such a way that normal operation may begin to fail. It is highly
recommended  that you restart all Exchange services to correct this
issue.

I have read the KB articles pertaining to this error, but they refer to
Windows 2000 Advanced Server with more than 3GB or RAM (using the /3GB
option in the .ini file).  They also say this really is only a problem
for Active/Active Clusters.  This is a stand alone server, no Cluster
configuration.  Is this error still a problem?  If so, what are our
options?

Thank you

Chris

Chris Lembo