RE: Event 290 Direc tory Operation Failed

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:03:51 -0500

It would help to know the server names in this case.  It looks like the 5.5
server doesn't know how to talk to the new Exchange server.  Have you turned
up logging to see everything that's happening?

Al

Date:           3/11/2004
Time:           10:00:56 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       PLATO
A non-delivery report (reason code directory-operation-unsuccessful and
diagnostic code Omit any diagnostic code) is being generated for message
C=us;A= ;P=national corpora;L=PLATO0403111500GHAGH8Z6. It was originally
destined for DN:/o=NATIONAL CORPORATE
RESEARCH/ou=NYCITY/cn=RECIPIENTS/cn=KUMAR§ (recipient number 3), and was to
be redirected to . [MTA DISP:RESULT 18 136] (12)

NDR: