Error when moving items from an Exchange Mailbox to a PST file

  • From: "Greg" <greghux@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 01:34:14 -0600

We use Outlook 2000 and Exchange 5.5 server. Often when an attempt is made
to move files out of the exchange mailbox 'inbox' (or 'sent items') into a
.pst personal file, the following error is encountered:

'Can't move the items. Some items could not be moved. They were either
already moved or deleted, or access was denied.'

This occurs more often if the item has an attachment or if multiple moves
are attempted at one time. Often the move will work on the second attempt,
and sometimes it will work after a number of attempts (eg. 6)!

I have found a few references to this problem but these do not help.