RE: Error from yahoo: wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1)

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 11:59:34 -0700

1. The problem appears to be the firewall.

2. The "firewall" included with the Linksys products is not designed for
hosting. It is designed and marketed to protect the LAN.

3. Yes, everyone has a limited budget. So why start with the Cadillac of
e-mail servers on the inside and get but on the security.

4. Like I said, ICF in Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server (still trying to
find the logic in including it in the server product) are not designed for
hosting. That is probably a big part of the problem.

With out knowing the configuration of the Linksys firewall or ICF on the SBS
server, I can not tell you what is wrong, but that is where you should look.

John Tolmachoff

Engineer/Consultant/Owner

eServices For You