RE: Error after send and receive in Exchange 2003

  • From: "Bruce J. Rose" <brose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:36:11 -0500

Its kinda of intense but here's what finally solved the same message I
was getting and it took a MS Tech to fix it for me.  It was a dousie,
good luck

Bruce

The Offline Address Book cannot be generated and there is Event 9305
with the error code 0x8004010f in the Event Log.

Troubleshooting Steps:

=====================

1. Check the general settings of OAB

          a. If mailbox store points to a valid OAB

          b. If public Folder store has related replica

          c. If OAB points to valid Exchange Server

          d. If there is OAB system folder.

2. Investigate the MPS Report and learn that the error means cannot load
the template /O=TOWER COMMUNICATIONS
GROUP/cn=Configuration/cn=Addressing/cn=Address-Templates.

3. Check legacyExchangeDN property on Address-Templates object.

4. Check if there is Read permission on this object.

5. Live Meeting to solve the problem efficiently. Dump the Exchange
information from AD.

6. Find Display-Templates object has incorrect legacyExchangeDN /O=TOWER
COMMUNICATIONS
GROUP/cn=Configuration/cn=Addressing/cn=Address-Templates.

It should be /O=TOWER COMMUNICATIONS
GROUP/cn=Configuration/cn=Addressing/cn=Display-Templates

Root Cause:

There are two objects "Address-Templates", "Display-Templates" had same
legacyExchangeDN. The system cannot locate Address-Templates by
legacyExchangeDN. Therefore, the error occurs.

Modify the legacyExchangeDN of Display-Templates manually and everything
works well now.