Error Number: 0x800CCC19

  • From: "Simone Pace" <Simone.Pace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ExchangeList" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:22:12 +0100

Hi all

I'm facing a problem causing some users on my environment to get the
error message reported here when they try to get their mail messages:

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server.
(Account:'Account name', POP3 Server:'Server name', Error Number:
0x800CCC19)

All specific (Microsoft) documentation about this error are focused on
proxy client settings and dial-up connection trouble....

A particular situation I'm working on now, looks my user to be on the
same network of the exchange server without using any "proxy"
connection. He reach the server just across some network switches or
hubs.

The user's PC is running windows98SE and IE 6.0 SP1 whit the latest
patches. The mail client is Outlook Express (patched too).

Exchange 2000 is on a windows2000 SP3 Server and is up to the SP2
release.

Pls help me!!!

Simone

Simone Pace______