Re: Error 12002

  • From: "MOhammed khan" <mak75in@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 13:42:30 +0530

Cause: It appears that this error is caused by some form of corrupt email in the Information Store.

Fix: Give your user account the Exchange Services or Exchange Domain Servers groups. Please note you need to remove yourself from Domain Admins or Administrators as these accounts are explicitly denied access to users mailboxes. See Q262054 for more info.

Once you have done this you need to search your M drive of your mail server for text containing the originating email address contained in the event log.

Once found use your email client, either Web Access or Outlook to open the offending mailbox and delete the message. Do not delete the file directly from Windows Explorer, use the mail client.

Please note your company might have some security issues around your ability to access the users mailbox, but then you could always get the user to delete the offending message.

Regards,
Khan

From: "Wieler, Ken" <kenneth.wieler@xxxxxxxx>
To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] Error 12002
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:44:08 -0500

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Has anyone seen this. I found some info but nothing substantial. I tracked
down this message and we can not delete it from the users mailbox. Here is
a copy of the event:

Event Type:      Error

Event Source:   MSExchangeIS

Event Category:            Content Engine

Event ID:          12002

Date:                2/28/2003

Time:                9:51:00 AM

User:                N/A

Computer:        EAGLE

Error 8004011B-80000000 occurred while processing message <> from
'AnchorDesk'.

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp
<http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp>

Of course you can not find this error on TechNet.

Ken Wieler
Yale School of Management
203-432-9813
kenneth.wieler@xxxxxxxx