Email takes forever to arrive

  • From: Mike Dufoe <dufoem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Exchangelist <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 08:13:17 -0500

We have a Exchange Server 5.5.

We have some users at a remote site that can only get a dialup connection
where they are.  When sending emails to our Domain using their ISP mail, it
takes literally days to arrive in our mailbox.  I had them send a email to
my Hotmail account and my work account at the same time and it arrived right
away in Hotmail but 13hrs later arrived in my work mailbox.

Anyone might know what is causing this problem?  We have no issues with
anyone else far as I know getting emails from different ISP's.

Is there a way I could fix this?

This is on a SBS running NT 4 SP6, Exchange 5.5 SP4, Proxy 2.0.

The remote users are using a Win98 for their server using Wingate....just
for sharing internet access and file/print sharing.  Haven't took a good
look around yet on their Win98 server to see if it could be at their end,
and if so, what could/should I look for?

Thanks in advance people....

Mike